Tuesday, January 04, 2005

For Sale: Cabbage Patch Dolls, Pet Rocks

Aha! See, the Blog Herald is asking the same question I did: Is 2005 the "Year of the Blog Backlash"?

Yaakov Menken of Cross-Currents -- and my law firm's Web host -- asked me why I said that I was finally going to jump on the blogging bandwagon just as the wheels were beginning to wobble sickeningly. Well, this is the first time I've seen anyone validate that at all. (And Lord knows how terribly hard it is to validate whatever pops into your head on the Internet.)

Of course, I also said that about real estate 15 years ago.... ten years ago... five years ago.... Nonetheless, as I said below, if you think of it as a medium -- and not a trend -- I think you can't go wrong.

I guess sooner or later we'll know if we're early adopters, Johnnies-come-lately or whatever it is that comes in the middle.

No comments: