Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Translate This

Just had a bizarre experience while doing routine tracking of where readers of the blog come from. The most recent referrer was from an automated Google translation page -- translating the first screen of Likelihood of Confusion into Gallic.

I knew Google would get me back, sooner or later. And me, a shareholder!

It is a weird experience seeing Probabilité de confusion par Ron Coleman looking as if I actually wrote it in Frankish. Of course, I have no idea whether it's even remotely good French ("J'ai une poignée comme un plombier et j'avais l'habitude de faire l'écriture de miroir pour impressionner des dates").

Surprisingly there was no little moustache nor a beret on my picture, but natch that will be achieved in the next release.

No comments: