Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Just Say No

Got a call from CBS News a few minutes ago. "You're a constitutional lawyer, right?"

"Yes," I replied. "It is constitutional for me to practice law."

Laughter. "We're looking for someone to comment on this latest appeal in the Schiavo case. Have you been following that case?"

"Oh, no, I'm sorry. Not professionally in the slightest."

I'm not sure it's even a constitiutional question they have, but I guess that tells you how little I know about the procedural aspects of the Schiavo case.

I really am a "constitutional lawyer" because I spend a lot of time on issues relating to the First Amendment, as witness this blog. But on the sad world of Terry Schiavo, I have no expertise to offer.

2 comments:

Brent Logan said...

I suppose it's a good thing he didn't ask if you were a criminal lawyer. :-)

Ron Coleman said...

I like even better when someone asks me, "Are you kosher?" I always answer, "Only if slaughtered properly."