Monday, April 11, 2005

Writing on to Blawg Review

I didn't "go out" for law review in law school -- don't get me started -- and my career has been a pretty sordid exercise since then because of it.

I'm not making that mistake again.

Next week this blog will be host of the second-ever edition of Blawg Review, the "carnival" (why a carnival? just because Glenn Reynolds calls these things carnivals? who made him chief pimp? (Meant in a good way.) Okay, who else besides half a million daily readers? And he didn't even use my "carnival of the cardinals" idea!) -- I mean the weekly festival of law blogs (blawgs, right?).

Information on the rules of the game, including submission guidelines (yes, you must submit) here. This week's Blawg Review here at Evan Schaeffer's Notes from the Legal Underground blog, "A weblog that asks the question--Why are lawyers so stuffy?"

Incidentally, I resent the premise, Evan. Stuffiness is not something just anyone can affect. I have worked long and hard to affect stuffiness.

UPDATE: The emeser mensch, Jeffrey Haemer, writes in to 'splain as follows (hyperlinks added):

FWIW, I think all these are spawn of Silflay Hraka's original "Carnival of the Vanities," which, in turn, is an allusion to the carnival in John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress (as is the title of Thackery's Vanity Fair).

Education is a wonderful thing! I will have to try one of these fiction books one of these days. I think we might want to slide Tom Wolfe's Bonfire of the Vanities in there... along with WizBangBlog's own back mutation of the whole thing.

No comments: